The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Livingston is accepting application for the position of American Sign Language Interpreter (Part-time – As Needed).
Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts. Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu. Applications and Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send completed application packets to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance
740 Hi Tech Drive; Livingston, TN 38570
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of five years’ experience in interpreting and completion of transcribing training and/or degree from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree Sign Language/Interpretation or closely related field plus minimum of one year of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or directly relevant experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Interpreter must be certified and main certification through the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf and/or the National Association of the Deaf, and/or otherwise qualified as determined by disability director or qualified through an independent assessment tool.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills; must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and public
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists deaf and hard of hearing students in their communication with teachers, administrators, and other students.
- Interpret instructions, announcements, and general conversation for students.
- Teaches and interprets sign language for students, teachers, and staff.
- Distributes, explains, assists with and collects classwork of deaf or hard of hearing students; reinforces classroom instruction as needed within the classroom environment.
- Provides guidance and communication assistance to students as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed