Job TitleCosmetology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Cosmetology Instructor.
1. Provide individualized classroom and lab instruction to high school and adult students.
2. Develop, administer, and manage live work program according to TBR and TCAT
standards to provide real life experience for students.
3. Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
4. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
5. Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
6. Maintain good public relations with business and industry and maintain an active advisory
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check.
**The hiring of these position are contingent upon the program securing adequate funding and sufficient class enrollment numbers.**
Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts. Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu. Applications and Resumes will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Send completed application packets to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance
740 Hi Tech Drive; Livingston, TN 38570
TCAT Livingston is an EOE/AA/ ADA Employer
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency. Apprenticeship, Technical Diploma, or Associate Degree preferred.
- Current Cosmetology Instructor’s License issued by the TN Board of Cosmetology.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience.
- Teaching experience required.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the program’s specialty area and maintain TN State Board of Cosmetology Instructor Licensure.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must commit to remain current in the Cosmetology Industry.
- Must have ability to interact with high school and adult students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.