The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Part-time, Adjunct Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics Instructor.
Successful candidate will be required to pass background check.
**The hiring of this position is contingent upon the program securing adequate funding and sufficient class enrollment numbers. This position will be for classes held in Putnam County.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts.
- Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu.
- Applications and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance 740 Hi Tech Drive, Livingston, TN 38570 (931) 823-7484 (fax)
- Minimum of Associates Degree or equivalent higher education/training.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience. Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in basic electronics and electricity and be knowledgeable of hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers (PLC), robotics, instrumentation, and preventive maintenance.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must commit to remain current in the Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics field and maintain program accrediting status.
- Must have ability to interact with high school students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.
- Knowledge of Welding, Machining, and HVAC principles, and Injection Molding is a plus.
- Provide classroom and lab instruction to high school students to prepare them to become Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics Technicians.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.