Job TitleInformation Technology Instructor
This position is responsible for individualized instruction in all phases of the program. Other duties include coordinating curriculum updates, student record keeping, industry and student recruitment, and placement and follow-up of program graduates. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development of an active Advisory Committee comprised of professionals in the information technology profession.
Qualified applicants should submit an application, copies of certifications, and a letter detailing how they meet the requirements for the position along with a current resume to:
Coordinator of HR and Finance
Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Livingston
P.O. Box 219, 740 High Tech Drive Livingston, TN 38570
(931) 823-5525 Fax: (931) 823-7484
Applications available on-line at: www.tcatlivingston.edu
Deadline for Applying: Position will remain open until filled.
TCATL is an EOE/AA/ ADA Employer
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education preferred: TCAT Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of successful work experience in a related field.
- Must have strong hands-on technical background in computer support, networking and related technologies.
- Must have expertise in desktop and server configuration and management, operating systems, networking, security, coding including HTML, JAVA, Python or comparable languages.
- Professional certifications desired, such as A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent • Must have a strong working knowledge in each of these areas and be able to effectively communicate technology.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills. • Must have a commitment to maintain current certifications and the skills necessary to remain competent in each field of study.
- Must possess good oral and written communications skills and the ability to deal with students and the public in a professional manner.
- Be willing to learn and develop personalized instruction techniques to maximize classroom effectiveness.
- Must establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of business and industry.
- Be willing to promote the Information Technology Program in the community when and where opportunities arise.
- Classroom or teaching experience preferred
- Must have excellent professional ethics.