Job TitleMachine Tool Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Machine Tool Technology Instructor. The position is full-time and located at the main campus.Teach all aspects of the Machine Tool Technology Curriculum. Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual student progress and attendance. Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports. Observe all rules, policies, and regulations set forth by the TN Board of Regents and the local institution administration. Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in the field by visiting industries and through professional development. Assist in the recruitment and placement of students. Maintain good relationships with business and industry partners.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts. Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu. Applications and Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send completed application packets to Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance
740 Hi Tech Drive; Livingston, TN 38570 email@example.com
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Machine Tool Technology Diploma Required.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred or willingness to continue education.
- NIMS Certification or a desire to achieve NIMS certification is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful full-time employment as a machinist is required
- Must have knowledge of and ability to operate both conventional and computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines including but not limited to vertical and horizontal milling machines, engine lathes, grinders, drill press, saws, and Wire EDM, CNC Lathe, and CNC Milling Machine
- Ability to use CAD/CAM software Must be proficient in math and blueprint reading.
- Must have computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Be willing to remain current in the machinist field
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and planning skills.
- Must be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques. Teaching experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, faculty, staff, general public, and business and industry.