- Follow the established curriculum of the Power Line Construction & Maintenance Technology program.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
- Must submit a resume and a TCAT Application (available at: www.tcatlivingston.edu)
- Resumé and application will be accepted until position is filled.
- Send resume with at least three (3) references to the following address:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall
740 Hi Tech High Drive
Livingston, TN 38570
TCAT Livingston is an EOE/AA/ ADA Employer
- Certificate or Diploma from an Accredited Lineman Training School or Associate Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in Power Line Construction and Maintenance field as a Lineman and be a Journeyman Lineman.
- Must show evidence of teaching ability.
- Must be proficient in Power Line Basics, Safety & Climbing, Electrical Theory and Concepts, Electric Utility Operations, Underground Power Line Construction/Transformer Connections.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Must show evidence of ability to perform all aspects of teaching which includes: meeting deadlines for student reports, following institutional and state/federal policies and/or regulations, etc.
- Must commit to remain current in the Power Line Construction and Maintenance Field and maintain program accrediting status.
- Must have knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex problems related to Power Line Construction and Maintenance.
- Must have ability to interact with adult students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.