Job TitleWork-Based Learning Coach (GIVE 2.0)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Livingston is accepting applications for the position of Work Based Learning Coach Robotics/Industrial Maintenance. The position is funded through the Governor's Investment in Vocational Education Grant 2.0, with anticipated grant end date of June 2024.
The Work-Based Learning Coach provides support for instructional staff by connecting activities between school-based and work-based learning. The WBL Coach will establish and maintain relationships with multiple businesses, employers, industry, workforce development agencies, and chambers of commerce and also coordinate work-based learning programs offered through TCAT Livingston. This position is funded by the GIVE 2.0 Grant and the WBL Coach will focus on all counties included in the GIVE 2.0 Grant for TCAT Livingston.
* Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited institution with emphasis on business, education, or related field preferred.
* Minimum 3 years work experience in career & technical education, business, or related field, preferred.
* Must possess the organizational and computer skills necessary and demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication needed to be effective.
* Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff, general public, and business and industry.
* Must possess a high standard of personal and professional ethics and show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
1. Assist the project director and postsecondary representatives in defining needs, developing plans, establishing goals, tracking performance, and formulating policies and procedures for program development.
2. Recruit new businesses and organizations to provide quality work-based and school-based learning opportunities for students; serve as the liaison between the schools and business and industry.
3. Maintain lists of businesses/industries willing to participate in work-based learning.
4. Assist in screening, interviewing, and selecting qualified students for work-based learning experiences.
5. Coordinate internships, job shadowing, service learning, and other Work-Based Learning programs offered through the TCAT Livingston that relate to the program.
6. Contact business and industry regarding their employment and training needs and assist with curriculum development and integration of technical and academic education.
7. Assist with career development of students through career clusters, extended learning opportunities, and employability skills, such as resume writing and interviewing skills.
8. Maintain a current Advisory Board listing (updated yearly) which includes contact information. Supervise and coordinate Advisory Board Meetings. Keep records and minutes on file of such meetings.
9. Other duties as assigned by the director.
10. Maintain and submit appropriate records, reports, and other documents required by the grant.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, completed TCAT application, and official transcripts. Applications can be picked up or printed on our website at www.tcatlivingston.edu. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send completed application packets to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Livingston
Attn: Stacy McFall, Coordinator of HR and Finance
740 Hi Tech Drive; Livingston, TN 38570
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Livingston is a TBR institution; is an AA/EEO/ADA Employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by TBR policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Stacy Johnson, 740 Hi Tech Drive; Livingston, TN; email@example.com; 931-823-5525.