SkillsUSA is an applied method of instruction for preparing America's high performance workers in public career and technical programs. It provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. It builds and reinforces self-confidence, work attitudes and communications skills. It emphasizes total quality at work -- high ethical standards, superior work skills, life-long education, and pride in the dignity of work. SkillsUSA also promotes understanding of the free-enterprise system and involvement in community service.
Your Campus Chapter: To find your campus chapter, visit the SkillsUSA Tennessee State Association. Students participate in various activities throughout the year including leadership training, community service, and competition.
Mission: SkillsUSA's mission is to help its members become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens.
National Membership: More than 300,000 students and instructors join SkillsUSA annually, organized into more than 17,000 sections and 54 state and territorial associations. SkillsUSA has served more than 9.9 million members.
Partners: In 2009, more than 16,600 teachers and school administrators served as professional SkillsUSA members and instructors. More than 1,100 business, industry, and labor sponsors actively support SkillsUSA at the national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement of their people in SkillsUSA activities. Many more work directly with state associations and local chapters.
National Technical Honor Society
To honor student achievement and leadership in career and technical education, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
NTHS Is Committed To Our Global Community By...
- Offering scholarship opportunities for its members.
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our membership needs,
- Providing the highest recognition for top students in career and technical education.
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse, multi-cultural membership and member schools.
- Building strong relationships between the educational community and business and industry.
- Responding to the ever-changing world and leading edge of technology as a flexible organization.
To inquire about the National Technical Honor Society visit advisors Keith Farmer, Tech Foundations or Jennifer Coffey, Pharmacy Tech.