TCAT Livingston’s Plan for Summer Trimester
The TCAT Livingston will begin Summer 2020 Trimester on May 4th. Students will return to campus on staggered schedules that will include both on-ground and on-line instruction. Instructors will be contacting all students the week of April 27th to discuss and confirm schedules. The College will observe all CDC recommendations and exercise social distancing in all programs.
APRIL 1, 2020 CAMPUS UPDATE
TCAT LIVINGSTON WILL CONTINUE ALL TRAINING ON-LINE THROUGH THE END OF THE SPRING TRIMESTER.
TCAT Livingston continues to adhere to CDC Precautions and recommended guidance from the State of Tennessee.
In response to the coronavirus outbreak and continued public health concerns, all training will remain on-line through the end of the Spring 2020 Trimester (April 24, 2020).
ALL ON-CAMPUS EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED THROUGH APRIL 30th.
The College will remain closed to students and to the public through April 30, 2020. Our faculty and staff will be working virtually to conduct regular college business and provide services to students. Our goal is to continue to be student-centered, even in these difficult times. Though we are socially distanced, we are here to provide the support you need to complete the trimester! Please let us know how we can help.
The campus closure will include all student computer labs. Students that are unable to complete their courses online should immediately notify their instructor or contact our Student Services Coordinator, Stacy Johnson at Stacy.Johnson@tcatlivingston.edu.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff are our top priority along with our mission of Student Success and Workforce Development. The College will continue to post updates and the status of the campus on our website and social media sites.
Every program has transitioned to D2L, which is a web-based portal that connects students to the online version of their classes. D2L is where students can locate their assignments, listen/read/watch lessons, communicate with their instructor, and upload their classwork. Contact your instructor by email immediately if you are having difficulty accessing your assignments on-line.
Instructors and staff are available by email and Desire2Learn (D2L) and everyone is encouraged to watch our social media pages, web site, and your S# email for details on resources to assist you during this time.
We appreciate everyone working together to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and communities. Stay safe!
- TCAT Livingston’s graduation ceremony to be held on April 24, 2020, has been cancelled.
- We know the graduation ceremony is a special time for our graduates and their families. The faculty and staff congratulate each of you on your accomplishments and celebrate with you on your success.
- The College will consider a later date in the summer for a ceremony or will combine the Spring Trimester and the Summer Trimester graduation ceremonies.
- Please continue to check the website for updates.
- Student Services will also continue to communicate with students about dates and times of graduation ceremonies.
- All classes will be delivered on-line from March 23, 2020, to April 3, 2020.
- A computer lab will be available on the main campus in Livingston for students who do not have internet access or the technology available to complete on-line training.
- Students may call the College (931) 823-5525 to schedule a time to utilize the lab.
- TCAT Livingston will be extending our instructional day to 7.25 hours per day.
- Classes will begin at 7:30 a.m. and end at 3:15 p.m. each day beginning March 23, 2020, through the end of the trimester.
- We will end our trimester on Friday, April 24, 2020, as planned.
- Summer trimester will begin on Monday, May 4th as scheduled.
- TCAT Livingston will not be enrolling a summer trimester Practical Nursing class. Student Services will be contacting individuals who have applied for the summer class with updates about enrollment.
In response to the coronavirus outbreak and continued public health concerns, the TCAT Livingston will transition to an all-online teaching environment when classes resume on March 23, 2020. All training will remain on-line through April 3, 2020.
Faculty and staff will be contacting students to arrange access to the campus for students who need to pick up books or personal items left on campus prior to spring break. Students are encouraged to check their student email accounts and to communicate with their instructors. The faculty and staff are working diligently to make this transition as smooth as possible. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work to keep everyone safe while providing training during this unprecedented time.
Campus locations will remain open at this time with key staff available to answer questions about financial aid implications, admission, and records. Only essential personnel will be on campus from March 23 through April 3, 2020. Additionally, all on-campus events have been cancelled beginning March 16 through April 3.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff are our top priority along with our mission of Student Success and Workforce Development. Although we have not experienced any active Coronavirus cases on any of our campuses, we will continue to take steps that are consistent with local and state health guidance which will reduce the risks and protect our communities. The College will continue to post updates and status of the campus on our website and social media sites. We appreciate everyone working together to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and communities.
The TCAT Livingston will have a computer lab on the main campus in Livingston available for TCAT students who do not have access to internet or do not have the technology available to complete their on-line instruction. Students will need to schedule a time to utilize the lab by calling the College at 931-823-5525. Computer lab times will be available during regular school hours.
Students are requested not to come to the campus if they are sick or have been exposed to the virus. If a student is sick and/or needs a leave of absence, please call 931-823-5525 or email the Student Services Office (Teresa.Johnson@tcatlivingston.edu or Stacy.Johnson@tcatlivingston.edu) for assistance in requesting a leave of absence.
Our goal is to make sure students have an opportunity to continue their training and to take all precaution necessary for the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and communities. We appreciate the continued patience and cooperation as we navigate through this time.